Medical Terminology (Includes eBook)
Course Description: Medical Terminology is a study of the basic structure of medical words, including prefixes, suffixes, word roots, combining forms, singulars, and plurals. The student will be able to recognize, spell, pronounce, and define medical words by combining prefixes, suffixes, and roots.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify normal and abnormal functions and structures of the human body.
- Understand what medical terms mean in specific contexts.
- Define medical terms.
- Spell and pronounce medical terms.
- Assimilate a working knowledge of the elements and definition of medical terms.
- Read and use the language of healthcare.
- Correctly apply and use medical terminology.